Please read the following Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) carefully to understand how and why our web servers use your personal data in order for you to access and browse our website stanfordknight.com (the “Website”).
Stanford Knight & Partners
Stanford Knight & Partners is an international group of companies which provides citizenship services to clients and advisory services to governments in the South Pacific.
This Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) is issued on behalf of Stanford Knight & Partners Group so when we mention “Stanford Knight & Partners”, “we”, “us”, “our” in this Statement, we are referring to the relevant entity in Stanford Knight & Partners responsible for processing your data.
Stanford Knight & Partners Ltd (Company Registration No. 301689), of Vanuatu is the Data Controller and responsible for this Website.
Our full details are:
Stanford Knight & Partners Ltd
Wainui House, Outrigger Bay
PO Box 2052, Port Vila
Phone: + 678 756 6666
We have structured our Website so that you can visit us on the Internet without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us with personal information, we will protect such information and use it only in the ways as described below.
Purpose of this Statement
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy at all times. Stanford Knight & Partners will not sell, rent, transfer, or otherwise make available to others any information about any person visiting our Website except as expressly provided for in this Statement.
The purpose of this Statement is to:
- set out the type of personal data Stanford Knight & Partners will collect from you and how we will use your personal information – see section A “Personal Data we collect from you”.
- the basis on which any personal data is processed by Stanford Knight & Partners – see sections B “How we use your information” and C “Legal basis for processing”.
- make you aware of how Stanford Knight & Partners will handle your personal data;
- clarify Stanford Knight & Partners obligations under the data protection regulations with regards to processing your personal data lawfully and responsibly; and
- inform you of your data protection rights – see section J “Your rights as a data subject”.
We will comply with local data protection laws in jurisdictions we operate in and to do so the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used by us lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- kept securely.
This Statement was last updated in September 2019.
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
By means of this Website, you may contact our representatives and obtain information relating to the citizenship programs or the services offered by Stanford Knight & Partners and start the process of obtaining any of the services in which you may be interested. You may also contact us if you are looking to become a certified partner of Stanford Knight & Partners.
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information You Give Us
These are personal details and include your first name, last name, nationality, country of residence, email address, and phone number. They will also include information on which services you are interested in or details about your inquiry.
Such information may be provided by you in the following circumstances: (i) by filling in an enquiry form on the Website; (ii) by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise when you apply for our services; (iii) subscribe to our services or publications; (iv) request marketing to be sent to you; (v) give us some feedback or (vi) to start negotiations for or entering into a contract to supply goods and/or services to us.
To the extent you engage our services or where you might apply to be a certified partner you may be required to provide further information before we enter into a commercial relationship with you.
Such further information may include payment details such as banking information, VAT number and/or tax ID for us to process payments in relation to our services. We may also require you to provide us with information that might be needed to establish and serve as proof of your identification such as copies of your passport or national ID.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the services as agreed or we may not be able to enter into a contract with you but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. We may have to terminate that contract with you as a result.
- Information We Collect About You from Our Website
Whenever you visit our Website, we will automatically collect the following:
- Technical information: including the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time) as well as other information regarding your experience on our Website such as page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Location Information: We may receive information about your location. We may determine your location through your IP address and, when accessing the Website through a mobile device, by using the data that we collect from this device. This includes information about the wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device at the time of access.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and publicly available sources as set out below:
- Technical Datafrom Google Analytics Advertising Features, including Google AdWords, Facebook Pixel’s, Google Tag Manager, Microsoft Dynamics, LinkedIn, Gmail and other adhoc paid media partnerships.
- Identity Contact and Background Data from publicly available sources, compliance databases and/or compliance and due diligence service providers so we can confirm you are a suitable client of or supplier to us.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Information you give to us
We shall use this information:
- to facilitate the provision of services which you request and where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter or have entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- manage the supplier relationship you have with us.
- Information we collect about you from our Website
We shall use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and in order to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you; and
- to ensure that the content displayed on the Website is presented in a user-friendly manner.
- Information we collect about you from our Website
We will combine the information we receive from other sources with the information you provide to us and the information which we collect from you. We will use your information only for purposes as described in the paragraphs above.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSINGWe shall only process your personal data insofar as this is necessary for us to be able to provide the services we offer and/or for the purposes indicated in this Statement.
We may also process your personal data on the basis of any legitimate interest or in order to comply with any legal obligations at law. This may include the exercise or defense of legal claims or in order to comply with an order of any court, tribunal or authority or disclosure to a government or regulatory entity.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. However, where your consent is required, we will provide you with a form requesting (explicit) consent to do so.
You will receive marketing communication if you have requested such marketing information from us by providing us with your details through this Website and have consented and opted-in to receiving such information. Where we have entered into a business relationship, i.e. a contract, with you we may inform you about our activities, offers, or other information which we believe would be useful to you in accordance with our legitimate interest.
We will not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
You have the right to withdraw consent or to object to receive marketing information at any time by contacting email@example.com
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to any of our international offices/companies forming part of Stanford Knight & Partners Ltd who may act as joint data controllers or data processors to the company which will be the data controller for your data when you obtain our services and/or may provide administration, controls and reporting services. All Stanford Knight & Partners companies respect and protect the security of your personal data and apply the security measures and safeguards as described below. We may need to share personal data with government agencies and authorities in the country where you seek to obtain citizenship. We shall only provide the necessary information in order to perform services under our contract with you. We may require to share your data with local agents or other service suppliers (in their capacity as data processors) which is necessary for us to provide the services you request. These local agents and suppliers store and process your data on the basis of strict confidentiality and subject to the appropriate security measures and safeguards in place as described below.
We may also share your data with other third parties in their capacity as data controllers such as legal, tax, real estate, immigration or other advisors and consultants, (international) banks for payment details or third parties providing other or additional services or goods to you such as real estate agencies/owners/developers who you might wish to engage with under separate terms and conditions between you and such third parties. These third parties will be processing your data in their own right as data controllers and their data protection policies and processes shall become applicable.
You may address any issues, queries, or concerns which you may have to Stanford Knight & Partners Ltd by sending an email with ‘Data Protection’ in the subject line to the following address:
- THIRD PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We work closely with third parties in order to provide you the services you request on our Website. These third parties include cloud storage providers, analytics providers, and search engine information providers. We will only work with third-party providers that comply with applicable laws in the jurisdictions which we operate and, if applicable, agree to be bound by the standard contractual clauses to adequately protect and safeguard your personal data.
We will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
All personal data is stored in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to protect against interference or unauthorized access. Usernames and passwords are issued to persons authorized to access the personal data, such as our employees, who are bound by confidentiality not to disclose any personal data.
No method of transmission of data is one hundred percent (100%) secure and absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
- DATA STORAGE
We shall only store your data as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected i.e. to provide you our services or for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In any case, retention of data shall not exceed 10 years from the date of termination or completion of the services. This period of retention enables us to use the data for defending potential legal claims, taking into account the applicable limitation periods under relevant laws, as well as, if applicable, to comply with Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Anti-Bribery/Corruption Laws and regulations, accounting and tax laws, applicable to certain jurisdictions which we operate in.
- Whenever and to the extent possible, we anonymize the data which we hold about you when it is no longer necessary to identify you from the data which we hold about you.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
- Right to Access Information
You have the right to request information as to whether your personal data is being processed by Stanford Knight & Partners as well as information as to how and why it is processed. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting information as to the personal data which is undergoing processing. You shall receive one (1) electronic copy free of charge via email. We may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive in which case we may also refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Right to object
You may contact us at any time at email@example.com to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes e.g. receiving information from us about upcoming events, newsletters, and publications and your data will no longer be processed for such purposes.
- Right to correction
You have the right to obtain correction of any inaccurate personal data about you that we have processed, update any data which is out-of-date, and the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
COMPLAINTSWe welcome any comments, complaints, and queries in relation to data protection. As indicated above you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall try our best to deal with any issue or concern you may have.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we make to this Statement in the future will be posted on this page, and where appropriate, notified to you via email.